Monday, April 14, 2008

Point blank!

You could have possibly hit me last week like a crazy man hitting a stray dog. And yet when you appear the week after in front of me, you can introduce yourself and start all over again!

You may think I am crazy.But I am not. I mean I am not that crazy. My memory power would have driven even a research scholar like Hermann Ebbinghaus to a mental asylum. People talk about Alzheimer's, Amnesia, Dementia etc. I probably have the perfect blend of these three. Yes. I am yet to find a contradicting evidence against this statement.

People are pissed over my mental ability all over (well not exactly what you think)! I forget names, I forget birthdays. I have been trying to post this since last week and kept forgetting. Then there are my friends who can remember when Venkatapathy Raju last took a wicket. I am sure a misfit. And when you think its abt aging, I would step forward with a firm "No". I am not even half the age of Jothika's new born daughter. But some how my mind's volatility seems to put a volatile solvent like acetone to shame.

Over the period, I have been thinking that I keep forgetting things at a rate that is inversely proportional to the rate at which I learn it. But this theory can be immediately shot down. By the time I learn some thing new, Shahjahan would have built 275 Taj Mahals. I never learn anything quick. Only later I realized that my mind doesn't even encode the information in to it. House full!!

I may soon launch in to methods of Gajini-Surya, tattoo-ing information all over my body. This sounds feasible for you can write whole of Indian history. Its huge hectares of vacant land! The practicality of this solution hits hard on me. Imagine, every time some one asks me a question, I might have to rush to a restroom to get the answer. And probably I might have to write some where that I can refer to the answers from the tattoos all over my body.

The inference is that this is never ending pain for all people with me. You gotto bear with me cos there is no way on this earth that my brain will improve. If you still think so, you might be the contender for the "Most positive minded person living on earth".

One interesting theory that I came across...
Decay Theory
Decay theory states that when something new is learned, a neurochemical, physical "memory trace" is formed in the brain and over time this trace tends to disintegrate, unless it is occasionally used.

I have not been using my brain even occasionally and hence the proof.

14 comments:

Gayatri said...

Nah, I think its jus the growing old factor :)

Jaya said...

Have you ever thought that absent mindedness is a sign of genius

m said...

Ithu enna vettiya oru vegandaa vaatham.... moolai inna use panniyae aaganum innu?

Arun Sundar said...

Marijuana increases memory power.

Absconding said...

It's been written that you tend to remember things that interest you! May be you just haven't come across something that interests you...yet! Have hope!!

Prathees R said...

Nanba...

Nothing serious da... nee konjam konjam ah politician ah maritae varae . ambutae thaan!!!

Kavitha Jay said...

i think its a guy thing ;)

guys dont even remember der own b'day...ithula mathavanga b'day veraya...kashtam..lol

N.V.Prashanth said...

@ Gayatri - I told you, I am not even half the age of Jothika's daughter

@ Joy - I am against self-boasting. If you say so, I accept

@ Ela - Idhu question!

N.V.Prashanth said...

@ Arun - Vaanga sir...I don't think u will sleep until I am caught!

@ Absconding - My brain has crossed all those stages! It remembers nothing except Goundamani annan's lollu dialogues

@ Vetty Officer - Varungaala janaadhiapthi Prashanth... Vaazhga

@ Mystery - H?undred la one word!

The Maverick Blog said...

Dai Vinoth.. Marakaradhellam sagajam da!

N.V.Prashanth said...

@ Maverick - Sorry for the delay, I forgot how to leave a comment!

Raz said...

hey! u owe me Rs.10,000/- .remember to give it ok!

N.V.Prashanth said...

Raz - Smart move! Keep reminding me!

meyya said...

lol !
the first question and answer were pretty sensible and humorous ..Hey dude i love your blog and i added ur blog in my blog the list of " blogs that i visit".