Monday, August 25, 2008

Like it or Hate it

I like choices... the more they are happier I am.

Probably that's one reason why I prefer Indian restaurants to other cuisines. Being a veggie, other restaurants leave me with little choice. I got to pick that god damned item that is there in the last page of the menu as respite for the veggies.

But people leave you with little choice. They tend to think that since I like one, I hate all others. For long time now, when I have maintained that I am a BIG fan of Kamal Hasan I also like Rajinikanth's movies.

I wonder when people ask me to take one side and tell them who I like.

When you are young, the most use less question you face "N" number of times is "Who do you like the most? Your mom or dad?". A kiddo comes up with some answer... if its mom it doesn't mean the kid hates dad and vice versa.

When it comes to being a fan or admirer why is it only one choice?

Prima facie, I think this is one reason why there is so much of nonsense going around among the fan clubs. All the killings, spats and fights among the fan base just nullifies the joy of entertainment!

BTW, does actor Shaam still enjoy fan base? In a recent interview, he has mentioned that "Antony Yaar" will not disappoint his fans! LOL

11 comments:

Unknown said...

As an ardent fan of Shaam, I take offense with your last two sentences. Shaam > Kamal & Rajini (old ********).

mcaravind said...

You should watch ABCD before making such ruthless comments about Shaam.

Arun Sundar said...

Dude, you gotta pick. Then fight with someone who did not pick what you picked. No matter what the other one picked. You still fight. Purpose of picking would be achieved.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shaam is indeed a good actor. Haven't you seen Iyarkai? I don't think anyone else could have done the role better than him..

Anyways, about fighting.. I'm a fan of thala and I did like some of Vijay's old movies like Kaadhalukku Mariyadhai and Ninaithen Vandhai. But it is fun fighting you see.. That too with Vijay fans who witness the comedy of Kuruvi running for 100 days!

Prathees R said...

This is happening from Chinnappa/Bagavathar period and will happen for ever. Even in the internet, you can find find such arguments online.

enaku orae oru kavalae thaaan Enga Thalaivar Veera Thalapathy JKR ku equivalent ah yaarumae illayae :(

US lae yaaradhu irundha sollupa Naangalum ondiku ondi nika ready...

N.V.Prashanth said...

@ Venkat - You are way too funny!

@ MC - I may not be there to make any comments after tht movie! Any ways... I have track record. I am alive after Kuruvi happned to tamil cinema

@ Arun - Ejjactly! That's what one of the visitors to my blog does!

@ Victorious - @ Comment abt Shaam - r u serious?

And... I too like arguments... but its reached levels way beyond just argument!

@ Prathees - No one can act like him. The police role he did in "Nayagan" stands as testimony! And the movie's stupendous success makes him a MASS hero!

Anonymous said...

\\@ Victorious - @ Comment abt Shaam - r u serious? \\

Ellathayumae gaptun levelle eduthukkutta eppadi ;)?

I am serious. Iyarkai is a wonderful movie and I've watched it more than once. I'm sure no one else could ve given a better performance than him..

Anonymous said...

ABCD was highly sad, Iyarkai, I can take for some semblance of acting!

Femin Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Femin Susan said...

Your blog looks awesome. I wonder if I had a blog like yours.
Do you have any other blog? So I can visit it. Meet me at my blog
http://www.poems-of-nature.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm Kamal's side too! Let's go kick some Rajji-fan-ass! :P Will I get hate mails for this comment? Well, I'm not afraid and I don't care. Rajji bhai is only capable of a few unrealistic antics, but our Kamal anna is ubiquitous! He's 20th century Narayana, I say!