Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Alert Me!

As usual, I woke up to my alarm at 5:27 am (it is a hour and half drive frm my hotel to office so need to start early). Since I went late to the bed... I was feeling very sleepy and wanted to continue sleeping.. so I was sitting on the bed and had the pillow on my lap and took a short nap and then suddenly the whole world came crashing down... It was an alarm, as loud as it can get!

Oh my god! My alarm clock at hotel room had gone mad... then i tried to put that off...snooze it...every damn thing and then finally covered it under the bed (Hotel had a very thick mattress). No avail...

Hey! Wait a minute... the noise is from some where else... Oh! thats the fire alarm... gosh! I checked my kitchen and then went running to the alarm and tried to put tht off! No use... the volume was getting louder and louder! It was so embarassing for me that I am spoiling every one's sleep and then I called up the hotel office... no answer!

So I came running out of my room to go to the office and then I saw the whole of the inmates are walking out of the fire exit.

The alarm is NOT from my room but from the hotel kitchen! What the heck.. I thought to myself and i couldn't help but to laugh at my stupidity!

It all happened at 5:40 am EST! You can imagine.