Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Heartfilling

Have you ever handled a 50 ft Anaconda all by yourself? I would die even if you try to make a cartoon character out of me and leave it to the beast.

I was put to some thing similar.

No, not the anaconda, dinosaurs...leave those to Spielberg. I was given a mammoth Toyota Sienna on my second only drive on US roads. All I asked for is a mid-size car and was upgraded to Sienna. My friend was very happy that he gets to drive the monster.

I was, probably, scared to shit.

But then I had to handle it. I cannot believe that I handled it for 300 miles or so. Then the charger for the GPS was not working... so we went to Avis to get that fixed. And there stands a shock beautifully dressed as Chevy Uplander.

Worst things were yet to come... I thought to myself.

And yeah the trip to Niagara and NYC was awesome. NYC hasn't lost its charm one bit. But surprisingly the crowd in time square was meagre. Spending 1:00 am to 2:00 am at NYC is a bliss!

6 comments:

Arun Sundar said...

Maybe you meant Toyota Highlander?

N.V.Prashanth said...

No... It was Toyota Sienna and then Chevy Uplander! (A Look at Chevy )

Absconding said...

I like driving our Sienna or Honda Pilot rather than our Corolla or Camry. You feel 'superior' in a Sienna or Pilot. And...my gosh..the ride is ABSOLUTELY SMOOTH (understatement)!

Arun Sundar said...

Then pls edit the post :)

N.V.Prashanth said...

@ Merin - Yes agreed! It was awesome drive but for my fear!

@ Arun - Kha gha gha po! Changed.

Raz said...

foto !
foto!
foto!
nan parthu sollren athu eppadi irunthuchunu ( car)