Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Miss!

Marriages are made in heaven. But marriage dates are, in all probability, fixed in consultation with my project manager. At least for people who I know of and more importantly people who know me. Looks like they have my calendar in their hands before they fix up the dates. All those days when I am in chennai doesn't seem to matter at all.

My mail box has been viewing more wedding invites approximately from the time I came in to the US. The day I stepped in to the US one of my friends was getting married else where. Its been like 4 marriages in the past three months or so. And more marriage invites are coming my way. Its acceptable if I chose to live in this country... But as people might want to have it, every thing happens in the short period when I am here away from home town.

The fun.. friends... festive mood... oh am I not missing some things really beautiful?

12 comments:

The Maverick Blog said...

Yeah Mac.. I know how it feels... But we can do nothing abt it except that u could take extra care before u decide ur marriage date..

Gayatri said...

you're missing nothing much other than excessive noise and people pointing fingers and saying oh you're in line..

Anonymous said...

friend voda marriage attend pannale nu eppadi oru feelingaa...It happens can't do anything... As said by sunil decide ur marriage date carefully...

m said...

hmmm...i too have missed all of my friends kalyana sappaadu...enna panradu...histroy will definetly talk about our thiayagam..don't feel too much!

Absconding said...

I think it's hilarious that I was only aware of a couple of marriages before I turned 21. As soon as I hit 21, every damn person around me was getting married!!!!!!

And yeah..no one wants to get married when I'm there..as soon as I leave, I'm bombarded with wedding invitations!!

To have all my friends come to my wedding, I might have to get married (to the same person) may b 3 or 4 times the same year!!! Not because I have a myriad of friends...the 4 friends that I have are in different places and dont have the same schedule!! :D (Yes..I'm exaggerating)!

Raz said...

aio! this is bad. anyways. other entities which rule the fixation of the marriage dates are

1. holidays
2. availability of the kalyana mandapam
and
3.sometimes or most of the times, horoscope match with the day.

Arun Sundar said...

That's one more reason to call for self-empathy. A great philosopher once said ,"One who chose onsite life(or life outside India) shall deem himself compromised!".

Don't ask me who the philosopher is, for Kabali does not like self-marketing.

N.V.Prashanth said...

@ Mac - Naan marriage date la careful a irukkaradhu irukkattum... Ponnoda appa careful aayitaar na ponnae kudukka maattaan!

@ Gayatri - Those kind of stuff happens in the marriages of relatives... Friends' marriages are pure fun!

N.V.Prashanth said...

@ Vidhya - Ore pheelingsss...Veguli naan!

@ Ela - History book la oru chapter odhukki veingha ba!

@ Merin - Thats the point. I donno why people think of the days I am in chennai as least entertaining days to get married!

@ Raz - Kareettu! This month being the summer holiday, I guess most of them are getting married arnd this time.

@ Arun - Correct philosophy... But I stay in Chennai for almost 6-7 months in a year. But people are getting married in the other 5-6 months when I am away! Orey kanpeesions!

Raz said...

studied at zion? tambaram

N.V.Prashanth said...

Yes...how did ya know? And enna matter?

Ramakrishnan said...

bet you are. wedding feast, girls in beautiful sarees, yes you are.